Monday, October 20, 2014

No Rest

I know as a Mama there are going to be interruptions to sleep.  After a couple of weeks of a stomach bug making its rounds though, I was so glad it was gone, so I could finally sleep...

Then a smoke detector went off randomly at 1:40 in the morning.  On the second beep I was in the hall with the baby in my arms, Nate following me, and Kate had gotten up on her own.  Justin went to get Gabby.  It was pouring rain, so we had the kids stand at the front door without actually going out into the rain.  We've had trouble with our garage smoke detector a few times lately--mostly when there was saw dust in the air.  It turned out that our garage door didn't close when the button was pushed because of a piece of paper blocking the safety sensor.  The rain interfered with the detector that night.  Whew.  I couldn't believe it, but the baby girl went right back to sleep, despite the odd interruption, loud noises, and bright lights.

Then we had a major thunderstorm.  The thunder was so continuous I got up to check the weather.  Kate joined me and so did Nate.

Often Nate will hang out in the hall in a sleeping bag until Ellie falls asleep, since she'll often fuss for attention from him, and they share a room.  This week when Justin went to move Nate, Ellie stirred, so we decided to let sleeping dogs Nates lie.  Unfortunately Nate talks in his sleep, a lot.  After being awoken several times, I got up and moved him to his bed.

Maybe some day these random things will cease and I'll actually sleep through the night every night for a week.  Maybe!

No comments: